‘When you wake in the morning let your first thought be thank you’
Set aside 10-15 minutes each morning.
Having a morning ritual can define your whole day, it can help relieve then tension and anxiety of the day ahead.
- Get up and move: now i don’t mean get up and go for a 10k run, but some light jogging on the spot or light stretching so get your blood flowing. Cardio can actually be more effective than a cup of coffee after an hour of stillness.
- Visualise your day: i’m not saying plan out your day step by step, there is still room for spontaneity. What i mean is visualise how you want your day to go, how you want to feel, how you want to look, what you want to achieve for your day. By visualising your day you are sending out a message of how you want the day to go.
- Morning meditation: this can be a short 5 minute guided meditation to ground you and set you up for the day.
- Affirmations: This is something that is so simple yet so effective. Pick out 3-5 affirmations that reflect the journey you are on and what you want and repeat them 10 times each.
- End your ritual with a thank you and enjoy your day.
This is just an example of a morning ritual, please feel free to tailor it to suit your lifestyle and needs. But practising this each morning can set you up for great things.