Lets be frank anxiety sucks, big time. I have personally suffered and know many friends who also suffer with anxiety and it aint fun!
Lets look at some facts,
- 1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health issue and some point in life (and its OK)
- 6 = the number of distinct types of anxiety
- Anxiety can cause both physical and mental symptoms, it’s not just in your head
- Fatty foods and a bad diet can negatively affect anxiety
- Exercise, even a little, calms anxiety and improves brain function
- Grounding techniques work well for those with anxiety
- Chamomile, green and jasmine herbal teas are great anxiety busting drinks
How to overcome anxiety using the energy of your chakras
The hearth chakra keeps our pain, resentment and hard feelings we experience, that is why it is important to clear it regularly. Daily breathing exercises and heart chakra meditations help to open and clear your heart chakra.
Try this out:
- Sit still, breathe in through your nose, breathe into your whole body, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Repeat several times.
- Ask your soul for protection, safety and comfort for this meditation.
- Imagine the space around you being cleared and filled with a bright white light.
- Now breathe into your heart, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Repeat several times.
- Imagine you are breathing in the bright white light, breathing it into your heart. As it goes into your body it clears all of your worries.
- Take a deep breath again, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Fill your whole body and exhale all of your negative emotions, one by one.
- Imagine how your soul fills with deep love and appreciation, how your heart opens up for both giving and receiving.
- Put your hand on your heart and repeat ‘I deserve to be loved’
One simple way to ground yourself is by taking a bath with Epsom salts. Taking a bath should be an experience for you. You will want some supplies, rose petals, essential oils and Epsom salts. I like to use a blend recommended to me by a close friend of Eucalyptus, Clary Sage and Rose.
Run a bath, add 2 cups of Epsom Salts and a few drops of each oil, then add with rose petals and light some candles. I like to use a short grounding meditation to add to the experience. You will want to make sure you wont be disturbed so you are able to really connect with yourself and enjoy the experience.
Another way to keep yourself grounded while out and about is crystals. There are so many crystals out there and it can get a little overwhelming when it comes to choosing whats best for you (and you don’t need that).
Haematite: Grounding & Clarity. Haematite protects, stabilises and grounds. It increases clarity and mental organisation and shifts negative energy our of your aura.
Smoky Quartz: Grounding and protective. Smoky Quartz protects you from negative energies, enhances survival instincts and is grounding and centring.
Salt Crystals: Salt crystals such as Himalayan salt are known to provide grounding and protection. Having a Himalayan salt crystal, lamp or tea light it a great way to use this.
I am grounded, my spirit is grounded deep in the earth, I am calm, strong, centred and peaceful. I am able to let go of fear and trust that i am eternally safe, i am worthy of all things beautiful.
Remember, its OK to feel anxious, our feelings remind us that we are alive, that we are living. Embrace your feelings and use them to empower yourself.
Happiness is not the absence of a problem, but the ability to deal with them. Imagine all of the wonderful things your mind might embrace if it weren’t so tightly wrapped around your struggles.
Always look at what you have instead of what you have lost. Because it’s not what the world takes away from you that counts, it’s what you do with what you have left.
‘Interrupt anxiety with gratitude’